Monday, October 12, 2009

We Suck Young Blood

It's time for some angst, baby! Apparently there will be a new "Twilight" movie and it will feature a Thom Yorke song on its soundtrack. "New Moon" is expected to be out October 20th and will feature a Thom Yorke track "Hearing Damage". Get out your pale makeup and feel like no one understands you! CHOO-WOO!

You can listen to the new song here:
[Original Video Broken]


I don't know what to make of any of these new tracks that keep popping up and this one especially. Should I instantly like it because I'm such a fan or should I instantly hate it because it's associated with "Twilight"? So much conflict. On first listen, it is really catchy and has a cool "dance" vibe to it. It actually reminds me a little bit of Joy Division though don't quiz me on that.
In related news, (anything to keep this post from being entirely devoted to Twilight) the online music magazine Gigwise have voted "Idioteque" the best song of the 2000's. I don't know, seems like it doesn't fit. A great song though, no argument about that, but the best song of an entire decade is so hard to judge and in my opinion this wouldn't even achieve "best song on the album" . But it's particularly good live where every performance, around the same time, one of the variations of "the crazy dance" makes an appearance. Never get tired of it, never get tired of the song.

Here's a really good version. I remember a friend of mine taped it off MTV for me a long time ago:

[Original Video Broken]


See the full top 50 list here.

No comments:

Post a Comment