Thursday, October 1, 2009

Non-Worrying Headline

There are certain headlines that upon seeing them I would get an instant shot of adrenaline and despair in equal measures. "Nuclear War Declared", "Your House is On Fire", "Ronald Reagan Comes Back to Life... Dies Again", etc. I had the unfortunate experience to see one such headline for real.

Viewing the Information Superhighway one day I saw the following: "Thom Yorke Forms New Band, Announces Live Shows". I had my sword pressed against my stomach in preparation and read on...Turns out it's not that Radiohead are disbanded, but probably just that a temporary band was put together for a few shows and some laughs. I can put away my sword (where did I get a sword from anyway?!).

Interestingly, the band is to include Joey Waronker, Mauro Refosco, Nigel Godrich and Flea (YES, Flea!). They will be doing a few shows in LA and will be performing songs from The Eraser. I'm not a big fan of The Eraser myself so I'm not that interested, though Thom Yorke and Flea in the same band is an interesting concept. It's like watching Hall meet Oates probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment