Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Artie and Olivia

Yesterday I reported that I had lost my constant and was probably going to die from the time-shift sickness. (Thanks everyone for the cards and letters.) Fortunately, Questlove is back to the afro, it was just a one show aberration and so I'm fine.
I'm not a big fan of Artie Lange. He seems to have an eating problem/alcohol problem/drug problem that we're all supposed to ignore until he's found dead one day in his bathroom. I also don't listen to Howard Stern and couldn't be payed to. However, be that as it may, I do know that if I'm running a talk show, I'm going to try to get Artie as often as possible as he is talk show dynamite.
His interview to some extent and especially the group dynamic when he stuck around for the second guest, Olivia Munn, reminded me of the old days that I'm too young to remember when Johnny Carson would have Bob Hope, Dean Martin and George Gobel on the same show and it was the comedy gold. Not that Olivia Munn and Artie Lang have the same star power or exchanges that Carson, Hope and Martin had, they don't (let's be clear about that), but it's the same spirit of unscripted hilarious back-and-forth.

[Broken Video Links Removed]

Bonus: Jimmy Fallon, Artie Lange, Olivia Munn and Susan Sarandon play ping pong: 

[Broken Video Link Removed]

Tomorrow we'll examine more closely a very important moment in this show. Something will be revealed which will change everyone's life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment