Thursday, December 30, 2010

Seinfeld Chronicled

Yesterday I completed a (about) 6 month-long project (I say "project" because it sound more impressive). Using Netflix, I had rented every disc of every season of Seinfeld as fast as the mail allowed.

I had previously confirmed that I had seen every episode and I'm well aware that thousands of reruns are aired every night on TBS alone. But the point was to go through all the deleted scenes, all the commentaries, all the extras as well as the flubs, bloopers, screwups and boners. I'm a big fan of all that "inside" stuff about where the ideas came from, how the show was created, what were the obstacles, etc. And on that count, it pretty much delivered although it was a long haul with a good number of thin spots. Still, next time anyone watches Seinfeld with me, they better prepare to get hit with some knowledge.

That's 9 seasons over 8 DVD seasons and 4 discs per season for 32 DVD rentals and 180 episodes. So, that's that done. On to the next thing...

1 comment:

  1. I'm debating whether or not to do this "project" as well... My Netflix DVD queue just hit break-even (with the completion of the Bourne ____ series) and I have no idea what to do next.

    I've done it with Friends, Star Trek TNG, and Battlestar Galactica (among smaller projects, BBC's Robin Hood, Family Guy, and other shorter running shows).

    However, I need to go through the entire spectrum of Dr. Who movies in full as well. Though I must say because those are all on instant, maybe I could simultaneously do both. TO NETFLIX!

    ReplyDelete