Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Non-Televised Talk Show

Jerry Seinfeld and Jimmy Fallon experiment with a new show format: a talk show that doesn't get shown on television.


The irony, of course, is that this was an actual plot in "Seinfeld". Kramer turned his apartment into a talk show but didn't own any cameras.

This clip makes it obvious that Jimmy doesn't film his show like Letterman films his. No late night talk show is filmed live but the Late Show is filmed as if it was. If something fails on the Late Show they don't go back later and retape it. When they go to commercial and the band plays, the band will play a song for the exact length of time that the commercials run. If they're back from commercial and not prepared, too bad, they got caught. Etc., etc., etc. They may be the only show to do that.

1 comment:

  1. I have a love/hate relationship with Seinfeld. It's so hilarious to talk about, refer to, etc, but when I actually sit and watch it I want to gouge my eyes out with Jerry's Ginsu knife.

    If I were Jimmy, I'd be mad at Jerry for wasting some quality material on the non-airing portion. Very displeased.

    Of course, he also fell flat on his over fluffed hairy face with the sailor joke, so I guess it all evens out.

    ReplyDelete