Friday, June 25, 2010

Letterman - Beavis and Butthead

Recently I've been using Netflix to revisit the old "Beavis and Butthead" episodes. I've found that the comedy holds up all these years later and have really been enjoying my trips back to the early to mid nineties. The only complaint is that none of the "Beavis and Butthead" content includes any of the footage where they watch, and provide commentary for, music videos. Presumably this is a digital rights issue and it sucks because that was my favorite parts of the show. (It was cool. Digital rights suck).

All of this reminded me of when B&B were on Letterman to promote their new movie. I remember watching this when it aired and thinking about how it was all done. But it's been years since I thought about it and it's really well done. (This is cool).


Though not mentioned, you might recall a scene in the movie "Beavis and Butthead Do America" where they meet two idiotic drifters who, we as the audience learn, are Beavis and Butthead's fathers. According to the credits, Butthead's father is played by Earl Hofert which is really an alias for David Letterman, himself. The Earl Hofert name comes from Dave's Uncle Earl who was sometimes mentioned on the show. Most famously, Uncle Earl once said, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty..." to the Thanksgiving turkey. (Uncle Earl was stupid).

No comments:

Post a Comment