Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The BP Oil Spill: An Anthem

Never let anyone tell you that the spirit of the sixties is dead. Jimmy Fallon, with special help from The Roots, has written a protest song concerning the BP oil spill in the gulf. And it's every bit as powerful as "If I Had a Hammer". Anyone who says any different is a commie. Power to the people.


Note: No one knows who the cowboy in the back is or where he comes from. When asked in an interview The Roots didn't even know what the person was talking about and we're shocked when they saw the video replay.

1 comment:

  1. Damn pinko commies. Fun fact: the sunburst dreadnaught that Jimmy is playing is one of the guitars I'm considering buying to replace my Strat.

    Also, the cowboy is clearly there for flavor.

    Also, I used to play the Sousaphone. I could totally be in the Roots.

    ReplyDelete