Friday, October 13, 2023

Popcorn in Bed - Arachnophobia

 


Scary-but-not-too scary October continues with "Arachnophobia" from 1990.

A personal note.

I don't like horror movies, I don't understand horror movies; I'm not scared by them and, when I've tried to get into them on a "camp" or comedy level, haven't found them to be fun. I just cannot be scared by a movie it seems, though with the following exceptions: creepy documentaries and obviously movies I saw when I was a kid.

In the latter category is "Arachnophobia" which I saw in the theater when it came out. It was intense and it's probably the scariest movie (to me) that I've ever seen. I don't recall the experience of watching it so much as the experience for days afterward where I would constantly be afraid there was a spider on me. Sudden itches or various fabrics meant a sudden feeling of a phantom spider under my shirt on in a sock, etc. Trying to sleep at night, sitting in the dark, wrapped in covers was a nightmare.

As Cassie mentions, she also watches The Thing, you can see that reaction here.

No comments:

Post a Comment