Monday, March 6, 2023

Youtube Recommends...

 I've been frustrated with Youtube recommendations for a long time. It's not that I hold them responsible for entertaining me, but I've suspected that their algorithm is purposely designed to recommend videos they already know I have no interest in.

With that said, I got a chuckle today as "Himiko Kikuchi - Flying Beagle (1987)" was recommended to me.

In the past I've dipped my toes in the "Japanese Jazz/Funk" genre and enjoyed it. Plus, I'm a fan of smooth music in general (hence the blog title). And I don't usually publicly talk about this but I have a soft spot for videos of beagles, particularly when trying to relax. And so I recognize Youtube's ability to find a recommendation that (sort of) combines these disparate genres into a single file. Hats off to them in this particular instance.

No comments:

Post a Comment