Sunday, March 26, 2023

How Donuts Are Made

 


I love donuts and I'm passionate about them. For my money, cake donuts are not donuts - there is only yeast. Everything else is pointless and a waste of time.

I'll throw something else out there that will probably affect nobody in the world. When I was in elementary school, we had a day where we were all sat down and shown a movie where someone invents a donut making machine that goes haywire and makes infinite donuts. The conundrum of the movie is literally that a machine won't stop making donuts and they're just piling up and they don't know how to stop it. The movie was terrible but the image of the delicious donuts, as well as the mechanization aspect, were enough to keep me interested and leave an indelible memory.

If you're looking for that movie, it's "The Doughnuts" from 1963 and you can watch it here. All the top youtube comments are people talking about how they also remember watching it in school.  And it is still terrible. But thanks to the above video I now know that the machine in the movie is making cake donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment