Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Norm Macdonald Dies at 61

https://deadline.com/2021/09/norm-macdonald-dead-obituary-comedian-saturday-night-live-weekend-update-anchor-was-61-1234833212/

The press says that he was battling cancer for 9 years. That's a long time without letting anyone know. According to my math, his touching tribute to David Letterman was within that time, "Norm Macdonald Live" and "Norm Macdonald Has a Show" were all within that span. Also within that span: Jimmy Fallon cancelling him from the "Tonight Show" because he said "Believe All Women" was bullshit. And, perhaps coincidentally, he also didn't appear on "Conan" after that, even when Conan was saying goodbye and having his favorite guests on. Well that bumper sticker slogan of non-thought has since been abandoned and today we have a whole new set of non-think catchphrases but I guess it's too late to invite him back now.

I found a Norm interview on one of my VHS tapes that I don't see on youtube. I'll probably post it in a few days. Little consolation, and all that.

RIP Norm.



No comments:

Post a Comment