Saturday, January 23, 2021

Re-Creating the KFC Recipe

Over 15 episodes and 2 years, this youtube series has attempted to discover and re-create Colonel Sanders' original recipe for Kentucky Fried Chicken. I see no record of it on the blog but I've been following this series for years.  And now it's the final episode where they've reached a conclusion. Whether it's a satisfying conclusion is another question.


I have mixed feelings. I appreciate that we have a definitive, somewhat authoritative answer. That's the best we could hope for. But the secondary objective of trying to reverse-engineer the recipe is to be able to try it myself. But with the non-reveal of the exact amounts of ingredients, that becomes impossible. I don't think I can get a large sack of powder shipped from Ireland. Marion Kay Chicken Seasoning 99X is available though. I just need that industrial fryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment