Friday, October 2, 2020

Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover

 Just a little music for Friday.


This is so rare, it might even be the only instance of it that I know of. A rock star in 1988 is arrayed in "rock star" style and somehow he still looks completely cool when viewing in 2020. That never happens; I'm so impressed. I mean, the music is the most impressive thing, I guess, but man...

A small side note about me and my musical taste. I generally find instrumentals boring and I generally find "Guitar God" songs boring as well. For whatever reason, a million notes per second does nothing for me, somehow I have the paradoxical reaction of being bored by it. But this is one of the few exceptions where I really enjoy the song and am completely into it. I find general rules in music are useful but they're never hard and fast rules. Wherever I find a rule, I find at least one exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment