Sunday, May 3, 2020

MST3K Social Distancing Special

The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Social Distancing Special took place today. I almost missed it for reasons I can't explain. It was a little dicey, the audio of the movie was too low and the audio of the cast was too high - I couldn't get in the zone. Is it possible that was just my computer? Still, it's my happening and it freaks me out.

There was one particular part that jumped out like a lightning bolt:

Tom Servo: [Reading the side of a moon rover] "Isn't that the new Preston and Steve catchphrase - 'Danger! Explosive door bolts?'"

How'd they make it in?! Amazing. As I noted long ago, the show is currently rife with Philadelphia jokes. But unlike back then, I now have a lead. Joel Hodgson is still in the area but I still don't think it's his style (not growing up here, I'd think he wouldn't care). But writer Matt McGinnis is also from the area and he's my best guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment