Monday, September 9, 2019

Adventures with Amazon Shipping 2... And the Legend Continues...

In a previous installment, I experienced an Amazon shipping oddity and joked that I wanted to order more things just to see what would happen. Since then, I have had deliveries with completely mundane delivery photos. But now there is a new adventure, not with Amazon but rather a company that is on Amazon.

Having ordered a product, and after it shipped, I got an update saying:
"IMPORTANT

On Friday 9/6/2019 our shipping software ______ had a glitch. This glitch caused the shipping labels to be put on the wrong packing slip. In turn you received something other that what you were expecting or the incorrect quantity. Over the weekend we saw this error. Even though this is going to be an expensive error on our part we are making it right and sending the correct items out on Monday 9/9/2019. 

Thanks for letting us make it right and keep the item you received on us."

Slowly it dawned on me... there is a product headed to me that's mine for free and it could be anything. Literally, anything. It's J.J. Abrams' "mystery box" incarnate. It could be anything from a box of eggs to an 18th century violin. Someone I talked to suggested it may be a boat - that's not me speculating, "sources" are saying a free boat may be headed my way!

Now, it should be considered that the product that I ordered may be a clue to the product that I didn't order - and the thing I ordered was soda - but still, I find that our current age is defined by its endless possibilities and there is the feeling that anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment