Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fun Fun Fun Fun

This week "Late Night" and Stephen Colbert did a cross-show promotion in order to raise money for charity. The end result of this was that Colbert had to sing Rebecca Black's biggest hit "Friday".

With backing from The Roots, he did just that:



The previous night the following dialogue took place on the show as Jimmy announced how much money they had raised:

Jimmy: $50,000!
Announcer Steve Higgins: You could buy a lot of Soul Patrol sweatshirts with that.
Jimmy: Yeah, you could- you could- I lost a lot of money; you made me invest in Soul Patrol sweatshirts.
Higgins: Yes.
Jimmy: Taylor- Taylor Hicks.
Higgins: Taylor Hicks... Soul Patrol... you gotta remember they're hyper--
Jimmy: Hypercolor sweatshirts that they don't make anymore.
Higgins: Yeah. But--
Jimmy: You made me lose a lot of money.
Higgins: The money's still there! That's an investment. In the future. Soul Patrol.
Jimmy: Taylor Hicks is- is- he's a great talent, I love that guy--
Higgins: What about the Sanjaya hair clips? And hair extensions?
Jimmy: I lost a lot of money.
Higgins: That's like money in the bank.

And you'll find in the "Friday" performance Jimmy is wearing a Hypercolor Soul Patrol sweatshirt.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Beekeeper?

    2. I wonder what that Google-Barcode does if you scan it? I can't get my phone to catch it via Hulu. Curious.

    3. I would buy one of those sweatshirts.

    ReplyDelete