Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Conan Releases A Statement

Earlier, Conan O'Brien released a statement stating that he refuses to move to 12:05 as had been proposed earlier.

He says (in part), "I sincerely believe that delaying the Tonight Show into the next day to accommodate another comedy program will seriously damage what I consider to be the greatest franchise in the history of broadcasting. The Tonight Show at 12:05 simply isn't the Tonight Show. Also, if I accept this move I will be knocking the Late Night show, which I inherited from David Letterman and passed on to Jimmy Fallon, out of its long-held time slot. That would hurt the other NBC franchise that I love, and it would be unfair to Jimmy."

Read the full text here.

Programming Note: Tonight's guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight is Ringo Starr. He'll be playing 3 songs and, I believe, will be the only guest for the entire show.

No comments:

Post a Comment