Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Popcorn in Bed - Silver Linings Playbook

 


"Oh my gosh, if the Eagles lose everyone is gonna be in deep depression."

Cassie's ability to distill my entire life and community down to one simple sentence is unbelievably impressive.

I love this movie. It's so well made that it actually succeeds in making me care about a dance competition, it's just that amazing.

And an additional note... I had forgotten that it features Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan doing "The Girl from the North Country." Here's that song.


Dylan and Cash got together to record a few songs in a very rough, informal session. Very shambolic and haphazard. I have a bootleg (can't find it online anywhere, maybe it was a Napster hoax) where "they" do "Just a Closer Walk with Thee" and Cash does all the singing because Dylan doesn't know the words. It ends with Cash saying, "What's one you know, Bob?"

No comments:

Post a Comment