Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Re:View - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

 


A round-table discussion of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie from 1990.

I learned about TMNT from a friend showing me the cartoon and, like Jay, I decided that would be my thing: I would collect all of them. Of course I never had a shot at accomplishing that goal, the corporations were amazing at pumping them out at a torrential pace, but I probably had more TMNT toys than any other "line" at any stage of childhood.

Earlier this year I found in an old box the TMNT movie novelization book that you would buy from Scholastic in those years. And I read it in present day and then I re-watched the movie. But I didn't come up with any original or interesting angle to take to create a worthy blog post about it. But I still remember going to see the original movies in the theater right when they came out and having every pleasure center in my brain firing off at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment