Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Late Show - The Best Stupid Human Trick


 I remember watching this live and I've thought about it ever since. On the one hand, I could never see any way that it could be fake - the camera is zoomed in and no tether is ever visible - on the other hand, I can't imagine how it would be real. 

Two thoughts to break the tie. 1, if it is as simple as sucking in air powerfully, the gum should not be arcing upward. 2, She adjusts her head and mouth to follow the path of the gum which tells you it isn't really suction at work. If it was, the gum would follow her.

The comments' consensus is that the gum is tied to a strand of hair. With 1080p and frame-by-frame advance I see no hair but "it wasn't HD video back then" is the only thing I can conclude.

No comments:

Post a Comment