Sunday, July 17, 2022

A New Youtube Grift I Never Considered

 


Be warned that this isn't the usual light-hearted or "interesting" kind of video that I post usually. This is dark, disturbing and very sad. In fact, I marginally don't recommend watching it.

But what I wanted to point out is that there's another new Youtube grift that I never thought of. Here's what you do:

1) Find a "20/20" or "Dateline" or "Hard Copy" (etc.) story that's really interesting.

2) Record yourself recounting the story into your webcam.

3) Add a clickbait title.

4) Rake in the cash.

Think about it... the News isn't copyrightable. And they've already done all the hard work of researching, confirming, gathering video and pictures, creating visuals. So all you have to do is re-tell the details and you're golden. Even if you want to use the photos and visuals that are copyrighted, it's arguably fair use. It's genius.

I also found there's a video that's a person reacting to this video. That's a double-whammy. That's Youtube-ception.

No comments:

Post a Comment