Sunday, May 15, 2022

Slot Machine Restoration

 




So, everything I said about the Cash Register Restoration also applies here. I've always been fascinated with the mechanics, I'm in awe of any person's ability to understand all the parts and seeing it fixed is very pleasing.

Based on this video, I tried to find a youtube video that explained how slot machines work so I could solve the mystery, once and for all. It was surprisingly difficult and I didn't come up with anything definitive. When you search the subject, a million results of videos come up trying to teach you how to WIN at slot machines. It's just loads of Jimmy "The Scott" Jordan wannabes as far as the eye can see. 

But even though I didn't find a great video explaining the mechanism of slot machines, if you're interested, you can watch the best video I was able to find here.

I wish there was a Build Your Own Slot Machine Kit. Lockpicking kits are popular, legos are popular, you should be able to send away for a box full of metal parts and step-by-step instructions for the amateur person with too much time and no hobbies to build their own metal slot machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment