Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Notes on Chicago (The Band)

 There is a certain melody played by brass instruments that I remember from the 1980s that I can't place. Last night before going to sleep I added a todo list item "chicago hits."

There are two Chicago Greatest Hits-es: one from the 70s and one from the 80s. The 70s one is cool. The 80s one reminds me of every dentist's office, every department store I didn't want to be in, every doctor's waiting room of that era. Although I admire music that can inspire strong reactions, it is depressing. I don't know why they changed.

For reference. The 80s Greatest Hits:


I have done no research into the question of why Chicago's Greatest Hits on youtube includes Guns 'n Roses and Bon Jovi. Man is fallen.

And the 70s hits:


"25 or 6 to 4" and "Make Me Smile" are such great tracks.

In the end, there was no match to my mystery song and so the search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment