Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Weird Soda Reviews #2

 1) Rocket Fizz - Cotton Candy Soda


Let's start out with the fact that making a soda that tastes like cotton candy is an impossible task. Cotton candy is pretty much all texture and sodas don't do texture. So with that out of the way, what do we got? We got nothing.

There is a certain "softness" here. They did try, I can see what they were going for. The taste is like the Bazooka Joe Gum Soda from #1. Not good, not bad, not recommended.

2) Duff (Soda)


Duff soda is not made to taste like beer, but rather is Orange (titled "A L'Orange"). And so although you don't really feel you're in the world of The Simpsons, it's pretty great.

I couldn't figure out why Orange, but now I see they wanted it to look like beer when poured in a glass.

The taste is almost as good as a Sanpellegrino but lighter. And the lightness can be explained or excused by the fact that it's only 20 calories. They're doing a semi-La-Croix kind of thing. They've also added B-Vitamins for some reason. I would highly recommend it for everyday drinking if it was more widely available.

3) Rocket Fizz - Marshmallow Soda


Most of what I said about Cotton Candy Soda still applies here. Marshmallow is mostly about texture but I will give this one respect in that it's a little closer - I see where they're going with this one even more than the last.

There's a taste of - not raw marshmallow - but slightly burned, roasted marshmallow. That's pretty good. So I give this the edge above the Cotton Candy. This one is not bad, some goodness in there. Still, in the flavor there is somehow a commonality between this, the Cotton Candy and the Bazooka Joe... which is weird.

4) Flaming Moe (Energy Drink)


The main thing I wish to do with this is light it on fire. Realistically, I accept that that's off the table. The second thing I wish is that it would have the taste of cough syrup. That also didn't happen.

So what are we left with? Well, it's an energy drink so I can't drink it. But, I need something to review so I took one or two sips and that was as far as I could safely go. It tastes bad. I don't it's bad at all within context of energy drinks though. I can't be be entirely sure. It's slightly fruity and fizzy but also bitter and way too much caffeine for me. 

I wouldn't recommend it unless you're an energy drink person and then I don't know how it ranks. It's fun for the branding, obviously.

All of these are available at Vat19.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment