Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Never Been Kissed


"Never Been Kissed." Have you seen this movie, I mean, have you SEEN this?

I had never seen this movie. I vaguely remember when it came out and I never saw it on tv reruns or at a friend's house or anything. I recently decided to check it out since it stars Mike Stoklasa and Rich Evans.

This movie is insane. It's not of this world. It's like aliens tried to make a romantic comedy using fragments of knowledge gleaned from watching other movies, not knowing how human society actually functions. It's like the latter works of Adam Sandler if they were filled with real actors. "Adam Sandler" is probably the best way I can describe it - it's like no one in the movie acts like a real person and nothing that happens would really happen. It's like a dream.

I was completely unable to watch this movie in one sitting, which is not as bad as it sounds. See, I watched it in 10 minute increments across many days as if it was a fantastic tv series and I didn't want to run out of episodes. Many days I wouldn't watch it at all because I didn't want it to end. And 10 minutes was about all I could take at any given time before my head would explode. Nothing in this movie made sense to me and I was completely entertained.

I wanted to know, is it just me, was I in a weird mood, is it just the era of the 90s? I mean, I don't remember specifically, but I remember this being a standard 90s movie. If I watched "Edtv" or "Miss Congeniality" will they all be like this? I'm almost afraid to find out. What did Roger Ebert say? Roger Ebert gave this a positive review! I'm so lost.

There isn't a "How Did This Get Made" episode about this movie but there needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment