Saturday, October 6, 2018

Conan is No More



On Thursday, that last episode of Conan as we know it aired.

For the rest of the year, Conan will be on the road. In November, Conan's new podcast premieres. Starting in January, Conan will air in a half hour format and will have more remotes and travel pieces.

I don't have much to say about this news because there aren't a lot of details and I don't care all that much. I think more remotes is good news, but that's about it. I hope Andy has a significant role doing something; no word on how he fits into all this.

I thought for sure that Conan was going to surpass Dave's record for years on late night. Letterman hosted for 33 years, Conan is currently at 25 but still fairly young. When Johnny Carson was in his 25th year, he was an old man ready to retire at any moment.

“If you saw a sketch from our old ‘Late Night’ show while eating ramen in your dorm room in 1995, a sketch that either delighted or enraged you, now you can relive that moment anytime you want.” I've been thinking a lot lately of the flashback to Conan's first day of college where he introduces himself with the line "Hey fellas, ready for all the good times?" When that gets posted I will be sure to share it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment