Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Tonight Show - End of the Streak

There was a time when I had watched every single episode of Conan (both on the Tonight Show and the show "Conan") but that streak came to an end in November of 2015. There was a time when I had watched every episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and that is still true. Then when he left the show, I watched every episode of Late Night with Seth Meyers before stopping that at 100 episodes.

And up until now I've watched every episode of the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and now that streak is coming to an end. (I've watched every minute the show except that one thing, but we don't talk about that. ever.)

I watched every episode of the Tonight Show up to, and including, May 3, 2017 - Episode #667 - Guests: Kaley Cuoco, Horatio Sanz and I will not be watching #668 - Chris Pine and Fran Lebowitz (nothing against them).

My nature/instincts suggest that I should write a long blog post explaining the reasons why and critiquing the show's evolution. But there's so much negativity on the internet, I don't think I need to add to it.

Suffice it to say: I still enjoy the show, but I just don't have the time to spend anymore. I have a free hour today where I could potentially watch an episode but I find I'd rather do other things (I've got a podcast I'd rather listen to, for instance). I'll still keep up with the comedy clips on youtube, but I've had my fill of monologues and have had enough celebrity chat to last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment