Thursday, May 25, 2017

The 1985 Mini-Golf Championship Match #1

If I've ever posted a better phrase on this blog than "1985 Mini-Golf Championship", I don't remember it. But who can remember anything at a time like this?

This video is my new favorite thing. In the back of my mind I always thought professional mini-golf could exist but I never saw evidence for it one way or the other. And now it's here in all its glory.

This is the kind of concept you'd expect to see on Adult Swim these days. Except you can't parody it because it's already perfect.



Random thoughts:

  • "Rookie of the Year", "Former Champion", discussion of the mental and physical battle, mini-golf - it's all here. 
  • The "color commentary" is by Billy Packer - I think that's the same Billy Packer who commentated for college basketball.
  • One of the contestants has been working out in the off-season to add muscle mass. Perfect.
  • The girl who follows them with the scoreboard! Oh my flavors.
  • No windmills? No waterfalls? No nothing? I wonder if that's just how they do it in professional mini-golf or if it just happens to be the most boring course on Earth.
  • Why doesn't this exist now?! I would watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment