Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Menagerie

It's just a fact - and I've accepted it - that there are cats wandering around my property. I don't know where they come from, who owns them or if anybody owns them but they're just there. Sometimes, when I want to pull in my driveway, I have to wait for the cats to decide to move out of the way. Sometimes, I'll get my mail and a cat will be running away ahead of me. One time, I went into my garage at night and a cat bolted out of the darkness past my legs.

But then yesterday, I woke up to the sound of a rooster and it seemed like a "near" sound. It sounded really close. And sure enough, while backing my car out of the driveway, I see a rooster in the middle of the path, walking out of the way.

It's a whole new level now.

No comments:

Post a Comment