Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Recalling the Luleelurah

 


Listening to a vanilla, adult, mainstream radio station and this song by Fall Out Boy comes on. I guess we're in that point of time where music from this era stops being out of fashion and comes back around as nostalgia. And listening to this song, I couldn't help but remember the lyric video that goes with it.

I think Emo was an interesting phenomenon for me in that it was the (pretty exact) point at which I fell out of fashion. I was the young guy who knew the current trends in music implicitly and then one day I hear there's this new genre I've never heard of. Where did it come from? Who's listening to it? It all had to be explained to me.

To be honest, I don't fully understand to this day. But none of that matters. This video is a classic of the pre-youtube days and everyone should see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment