Friday, October 7, 2022

The Cosmic Crisp Apple - A Review

It's been almost 3 years since I saw this video...


And since then I've been on a quest to find one. It seemed futile given the "It's only available from Washington" nature but, who knows, maybe apple smugglers would create an apple black market at some point.

Well, yesterday I noticed a market near me was offering Cosmic Crisp Apples so I made the trip and was successful.

My review? Having had one, I can definitely say it tastes like an apple. If you're looking for a weird food adventure, this isn't it. It's 99% apple flavor with 1% extra sweetness - the news stories that say extra sugar content are accurate here. But if you've ever had apple cider, you can imagine how these taste. But the scientists that created it were breeding towards longer shelf life rather than flavor so expecting anything different was my mistake. On that subject, the above video makes reference to people claiming Cosmic Crisps could last a year, but I find no websites claiming that now and I have no interest in testing it myself.

So if I was going for flavor, what should I be hunting for? Well, according to applerankings.com, the SweeTango Apple is the greatest of all-time. Dang it, they were available at the store I was just at and I passed right by. Well, I'll look for those sometime. Deciding to review an apple was kind of a joke, now I see apple reviewing is serious business and people are going to come to my blog and be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment