Monday, June 20, 2022

Popcorn in Bed - Speed

 


I always thought of "Speed" as the prototypical Action movie. Watching it in this context, it seems like it could be considered a Horror.

The other thing is, when I think of the plot, it's 100% on the bus. I have to re-watch it to remember that there's action before the bus (pretty good) and then more stuff after (which is kind of a slog). Does anyone like the subway stuff? It really should end after the bus.

More thoughts. Me and my step-brother picked out "Have a good one, Bob!" as the ultimate in robotic Keanu acting. We used to repeat it constantly. Watching it again, after many years, it sounds pretty normal. The other Keanu line I liked was "Gigantor, help me save this man!" which was cut out of this edit. I liked the idea that he would say "Uh, actually my name is Derek" and Keanu would just keep calling him "Gigantor" dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment