Thursday, February 25, 2021

Ronald Reagan - Berlin Wall Speech

 I'm reading Ronald Reagan's autobiography right now and I got up to the speech at the Berlin Wall. So I figured I'd watch it.


Even today it's a stirring speech. 

Ronald Reagan's autobiography is good but it is detailed. It's 775 pages and most of it is the 8 years of the presidency.  The letters between Reagan and Gorbachev go back and forth, back and forth, on and on for quite a while.

I'm watching now Reagan speaking to Moscow State University and there's no interpreter. I can't figure out how that works. It doesn't seem possible that they all know english, in the Q&A section they're asking in Russian.... I don't see them wearing headphones as if there's an audio translation. I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment