Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Here's Where the Story Ends

This is another of those times when I wanted to hear a song but didn't have any of the tools necessary to find it. I had a very clear picture of exactly how it went in my head but didn't know the artist, song title or any of the words to search.

After a long, meandering, somewhat random search across the internet, I've finally found the song is "Here's Where the Story Ends" by The Sundays.



I often like to play the game "I really like this song, but why do I like this song?" I've found there's a strong correlation between songs I like and songs that are emotional Rorschach tests - songs that could be extremely happy or extremely sad, depending on the listener. I think that's part of the success of "Free Bird" - you could play it at a party or a wake and I don't think anyone would bat an eye.

Thinking about it, I don't think that's the case with "Here's Where the Story Ends" though. I think it's essentially an upbeat, happy song. So then why does it make me so sad?

You might also remember the Sundays from "Summertime".


No comments:

Post a Comment