Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Drinkinstein

I'd like to think that my blog can, in some ways, be educational. And so it's extremely tempting to explain the following clip and place it in the proper context. But I will resist that temptation.

Great art stands on its own terms. It should be presented to the viewer unfiltered. It stands above any ability of mine to add or detract.

The observer comes to each piece with their own set of views and experiences, and great art simultaneously reflects and transcends those views and those experiences. The back and forth between the viewer supplying their input and the piece feeding back its own interpretation forms the intimate relationship between the observer and the observed. What kind of a person would I be to try to insert myself into such a relationship?

And so, without further ado, I present to you "Drinkinstein":

No comments:

Post a Comment