Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Nutria Fallout


"The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry."

-- Begin Transmission --

Day 52 since The Event and supplies are wearing thin. Today I thought I saw a mouse in my house. I scoured the entire structure and found no entry points or traces of activity. I must now face two possible realities: 1) I have a mouse in my house to threaten my already dwindling supplies. 2) I've begun to hallucinate. Neither possibility is particularly encouraging. I will continue to monitor the situation if I continue to survive.

-- End Transmission --

-- Begin Transmission --

Day 53 since The Event. No activity around the mouse traps and no sign otherwise. Could it really be a hallucination? Thought about running the radio for one minute. Reconsidered.

-- End Transmission --

-- Begin Transmission

Day 54 since The Event. I definitely have a mouse. I woke up in the middle of the night to a decidedly metallic sound - like a spoon on a bowl. In the morning I checked my dishes and found mouse droppings in my drinking cup. The mouse defecated inside the cup from which I drink. It's not just a definitive sign that what I saw was real, he's sent a message. Thought about throwing away my paper towel roll telescope. Thought I might need it later.

-- End Transmission --

-- Begin Transmission --

Day 55 since The Event. Cleaned all dishes, counters and put away all trash. Eliminated all possible food sources for the mouse intruder. Checked my mouse traps. The bait had been eaten and the trap hadn't sprung. I replaced the bait. I'm basically feeding it as a pet at this point. Worse, I may be in a bad cartoon.

-- End Transmission --

No comments:

Post a Comment