Friday, May 18, 2012

Conan on Letterman


Conan O'Brien made his fourth ever guest-appearance on the "Late Show" last night. The conversation was uncomfortable, razor-sharp, electric and very funny. It helped heal a nation. It could change the world!

Anyways, there is no way to embed the interview so you can watch the video here and skip to 14:30.

The one thing I was looking for (other than Leno bashing)- the second thing I was looking for out of this interview was to see if Dave would "make nice" and smooth things over. Instead, I don't know if he may have made things worse. The time when Conan lost the "Tonight Show" is the "golden age of broadcasting" for instance.

I was hoping for more insight into the events of a few years ago but time is so limited it just didn't happen.

Is it me or in those moments when Dave says Conan did a great job on the "Tonight Show" and the audience applauds, is Conan a little touched? It could just be my imagination but I see a a tear in his eye.

1 comment:

  1. I live in the far reaches of the netherworld and CBS hates freedom.

    That said, I'm glad to see in a way that there wasn't some BS let's all be friends crap laid down. I like Letterman because he's a pretty cool dude, but doesn't shirk from a little controversy.

    I'm glad to see (Hear) that everyone still hates Leno and that Letterman's audience is pro-Coco.

    ReplyDelete