Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Happy Hell Track Day

 Earlier this year, we were told that Rad Day was March 21st, the day "Rad" was originally released. But today is Hell Track Day.

Near the beginning of the movie Cru sees the following sign on a picket fence: 

"7-11 (and) Chief Auto Parts 

Presents Hell Track

Coming to Cochrane." 

It looks like this (through cheap VHS):


But that differs from the original script which stated:

"7-11 & Chief Auto Parts

Presents

HELL TRACK!

Coming to Cochran, June 26th"

That's today.

Not only is there no date in the movie, it's pretty clear to me that it takes place in Fall - school is in session, the leaves are changing. On the other hand, SATs are given in the Spring. 

Not one to make unsubstantiated claims, I would link to the original script here but the uploaded script  has been completely scrubbed from the internet (as far as I can tell) and the only remaining information about it to determine what it said is my own blog...

Rad - Top Ten Script Anomalies (10-6)

Rad - Top Ten Script Anomalies (5-1)

So I remember the June 26th date and you'll just have to trust me.

Happy Hell Track Day. Today's the day where we ride bikes(?) or do back flips or eat Kix? Maybe we should make one or two dramatic exits. I haven't worked out all the details. Let's start building the mythology next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment