Saturday, August 17, 2024

Junior Parker - Tomorrow Never Knows

While driving around, a cover of "Tomorrow Never Knows" came on the radio. Not only had I never heard a cover of "Tomorrow Never Knows" before, the very idea that one might exist had never occurred to me - covering TNK just seemed like an impossibility.

To my surprise at learning that such a cover exists, was soon added the surprise that the radio station would play a second one... and then a third.

Three covers of the same song in a row? They were evidently doing some "Olympic" thing where they played "Bronze" then "Silver" then "Gold." The first two were not great, but "Gold" was gold.

The cover worth listening to is by Junior Parker, it's from 1971 and has only 15K views on youtube.

 


This cover reminds me a bit of "Flying" another Beatles song (another Beatles song that I wouldn't expect anyone to cover) so it all comes full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment