Saturday, July 13, 2024

A Song Was Stuck in My Head for Years - I Found It

Two years ago I briefly mentioned that I was looking for a song/melody that I couldn't place:

There is a certain melody played by brass instruments that I remember from the 1980s that I can't place. Last night before going to sleep I added a todo list item "Chicago hits."

It wasn't found in Chicago. I also tried Herb Alpert, it wasn't found there. I thought it might be a TV theme ("Too Close for Comfort" is similar) but no luck. For a few years, from that day until now, I've been trying to find it. Today I found it via a Short of a Baseball clip suggested by Youtube.


The song is Bobby Caldwell - "What You Won't Do for Love"


The part that was in my head was the outro. 

And it's smooth. Is it smooth enough? Should we push our luck and see if it's Yacht Rock? IT'S YACHT ROCK. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment