Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Led Zeppelin at Live Aid (1985)

 I'm increasingly getting the ultra-strange experience of remembering a certain blog post and finding that it actually doesn't exist. Many years back I got the full DVD set of Live Aid and made detailed notes for a blog post (or series of blog posts) about the whole thing. Today I find no such blog post exists. Where was I writing all those observations? What am I remembering? I'm not going to try again.

Regardless, one of the main stories of Live Aid was how Led Zeppelin reunited for it but when the time came for the full concert footage to be released on DVD (the one I watched), they refused to let their performance be included.

Remembering all of this recently, I wondered whether the footage had shown up on the web, and found that it had.


I don't post it here because it's great, but because of the historical uniqueness of it. "Rare" footage of a famous performance and all that.

Also on youtube is an overlong mini-documentary about the reunion - what went wrong and why. It's titled "Not Phil Collins' Fault: The Story of Led Zeppelin 's 1985 Live Aid Reunion." Check it out if you're interested enough to spend an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment