Friday, September 30, 2022

The Ladies and Rocky - A Genre Within a Genre

 In an earlier installment, I documented that I was a semi-convert to the "reaction video" youtube video. Since then, I've been recommended and watched a number of videos where youtubers - usually women, usually attractive women - watch "Rocky" movies. There are so many of them that it's almost a genre within a genre.

That, in itself, is not interesting or surprising. What has surprised me is how much the Ladies love "Rocky" - completely and unanimously. As much as I love the  "Rocky" series, I wouldn't have pinned it as a "chick flick" - and to be fair, neither the women themselves confirm that "this is not a movie I would choose to watch, usually." But then, having watched, their views change completely and it's off to all the sequels. In retrospect, it makes sense - "Rocky" is only superficially about boxing, it's really a character study but it still comes as a surprise. So... Try it on your next date night? I don't know what the takeaway is, exactly.

Further watching and the supplied proof that women love "Rocky:"

Duaffy M&S watches Rocky

Mom watches Rocky II

Mary Cherry watches Rocky III

Cassie and Carlie (Popcorn in Bed) watch Rocky IV

And I would go farther except PiB is the only one I've found who's made it to Rocky IV... so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment