Monday, November 20, 2017

Moonlight Serenade

I have a very strong sense of "Fall Music" when Fall rolls around. The appearance of Autumn usually means it's time to listen to The Band's Brown Album on loop for days.

But for some reason I want to revisit Summer instead, specifically Moonlight Serenade.

One thing people may not know about Moonlight Serenade is that it has lyrics. Glenn Miller wrote it as an instrumental (of course) but yet it has lyrics. And as far as I know, that's a common thing among Glenn Miller songs (and for all I know, it could be true of most songs of that era). That's always been a mystery to me, why go to the bother of adding lyrics to an instrumental? But recently I found the answer.

Moonlight Serenade has lyrics for Ella Fitzgerald.

No comments:

Post a Comment